Marrakech to Zagora desert tour
Marrakech to Zagora 2 days desert tour is the most popular camel ride sunset desert tour we offer. the 2 days Zagora desert tour is a must do experience for those travelers who do not have the luxury of time and would love to have desert tour experience, sleep in tents and ride a camel. This 2 days desert tour from Marrakech gives you the opportunity to pass the high Atlas Mountains, admire the stunning views of Draa valley and its palm groves, visit the UNESCO world heritage sites, ride camels and spend the night in the camp or under the stars. Please bear in mind that Zagora is a rocky kind of desert which unlike the Erg Chegaga Sahara desert, doesn’t offer big dunes.
Marrakech 2 days desert tour itinerary:
Day 1: Marrakech to Zagora Desert through High atlas mountains, Ouarzazate and Draa Valley
tichka pass ait benhaddou village zagora desert
Your driver will pick you up at 08am from your Riad and travel through the magical Atlas Mountains and Tizi N Tichka Pass. You will be amazed by the beauty of this impressive pass. The High Atlas Mountains are surrounded by beautiful landscapes and Berber villages. On arrival in Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah, the largest Kasbah in Morocco and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, we will have lunch and visit the kasbah with a local guide. Later on we will continue our 2 day desert tour to Zagora through Draa Valley to reach Zagora. Once we arrive to Zagora will be dropped off by camels for your camel ride into the zagora desert camp and witness the sunset. Enjoy a traditional Moroccan dinner under the stars while locals play their traditional folk songs for your entertainment.
Day 2 : Zagora to Marrakech via Draa Valley, Ait Ben Haddou and high atlas mountains.
zagora desert ouarzazate 2 days desert tour
As you awake early, you are greeted by the attractive sight of the sunlight rising over the small dunes of the Zagora desert. This is accompanied by a typical breakfast in the bivouac of Zagora. The final part is the camel ride to meet your driver who is to drive you back to Marrakech. You will also have free time in Ouarzazate for lunch in one of the local restaurant and also visit the famous Kasbah of Taourirt. In the afternoon, we drive you back to Marrakech via the Atlas Mountain which brings an end to your Marrakech 2 days desert tour. Drop off in your accommodation around 6 pm.
The 2 days desert tour to Zagora is known for its sunsets and breathtaking draa valley, camel trek and overnight in a desert camp. Once you arrive to Zagora you will meet your camels to take you through the desert. After approximately one hour on camels, you will reach your Zagora desert camp,have dinner, play drumms with camel guids and spend the night in nomad traditional tents.
– 2 Days desert tour from Marrakech with camel trek and a night stay in the desert camp
– See the Tizi-n-Tichka pass through the High Atlas Mountains
– Discover the UNESCO World Heritage site of Ait Ben Haddou, Touarirt Kasbah and the Draa river Valley
– Visit Ouarzazate known as the Hollywood of Africa
– Cross the Zagora Desert on camel back and enjoy a spectacular desert sunset
– Spend the night in a Berber desert camp
– Private A/C Vehicle + fuel
– English/French/Spanish speaking driver
– Pick up & Drop off from your hotel
– 1 hour camel ride each way
– Dinner and Breakfast included
– Ait benhaddou visit
– Free time to explore the sites, Breaks for photos,..Etc
– Customized & Flexible stops
– No Shopping stops
What´s Not Included:
– Lunch meals
– Entrance fees to monuments, studios and Kasbahs ( visits are optional)